Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Semester Final Reflection Essay

For us, I believe that the biggest struggle with the project was meeting with each other and being able to get what we wanted to get filmed. The aspect of the documentary that makes me most proud is the fact that we made a documentary in 6 weeks with little to no experience when it comes to film making. The aspect I would have changed was our interviews. I believe that having either less questions or better questions could have helped us out. I was personally responsible for being the director of the film and figuring out what we were going to do with the film when we met with each other. To try to promote a healthy group atmosphere, I tried to be a lot more open with my group members’ opinions towards the film. I wish I had some film editing skill so that way we would be able to create a much better documentary. I do believe that I contributed a very fair amount toward our film.

                Overall, this course made me think about films and speeches in a lot more detail than I did before I took this class. This project did not make me think about the campus community that different. I believe that my public speaking ability was increased because I feel more comfortable when it comes to presenting something to a group of people now. I would rather have learned about communication than write four essays any day. I believe the way that you taught the class was very effective. It was a comfortable learning environment and I think that is key when it comes to being able to learn well in a class. To make this class better, I probably would assign more homework and/or spread the points out so we have more opportunities for points in the class. Other than that, I do not think that I would change anything else about the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment